Thursday, July 28, 2011

Just me and Just you.....

Caught up in my book of memories
with every turn of these crunchy pages
I recall each solitary moment
we spent in cradle of happiness

A nudge here, a kick there
a grin for shared private joke,
a wink for a stolen coke,
a hug for euphoric madness,
a lunatic day of total shoplift,
a panic on burnt food
- nothing to eat,
a joint cry on onion peel
or was it a combined cry for no from him?

A shout on unruliness,
an understanding silence,
a push for confidence,
a pull of remembrance,
a dance in new outfits,
a whisper on heard tidbits,
a fight with wooden spoons,
a drink on twilight moons,
a prank on ungrateful neighbor,
a gossip of hard day’s labor;
-each page gracefully enfolds
an album of reminiscences

I challenged that sky
with the vastness of my joy
when I found a hand to hold
with a heart of gold
Friends better entwined than us
God kept them for himself
For you are my closest friend
And I am yours, too
We're stuck to each other
Just me and just you

9 comments:

SaiK said...

Oye... this was awesome! I liked the sharing a private joke part the best ;)

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Sai hey thanks yaar, that kinda happens a lot between friends,isn't it?:D

Forked Tongue said...

now that's what w call :honest" poetry ...keep the inspiration of this one close to your heart .
such bumchums are had to come by :P

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Spiritual Sinner, yeah they are very close to my heart :)
thank you for dropping by :)

phatichar said...

Very well written! :)

Erratic Thoughts said...

@phatichar Thank you so much :)

sathyapriya said...

Loved it! :)

Erratic Thoughts said...

@SP what a surprise!Thank you so much for dropping by..glad you liked it:)

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

Hello, how are you?


Glad to land in your lovely land of wonders. Excellent talent!

Hope all is well.

Appreciated your support to The Gooseberry Garden, your inputs add light to our place, we would love to see you around weekly…

Random piece or old ones are welcome too.

Bless you.
Happy End of August.
Hope to see you around!
xoxox


glad to meet...