Sunday, August 22, 2010

On the bus...early morning!

This week the po-tree bus is been driven by ever-enthusiastic Chiccoreal. She has given us three options and I have chosen the first option which says:

I want you to write a poem on the first thing that you think, see, feel, do, taste, etc.,POPS into your head BE IT THE DOUBLE DECKER ON THE POETRY BUS or BE IT A DAGWOOD DOUBLE DECKER SANDWICH IN THE MORNING ABSOLUTELY THE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!! be honest! I MEAN THE FIRST THING YOU DO IN THE A.M. ABSOLUTELY THE FIRST THING!!!

I am being absolutely, truly honest about the first thought that crossed my mind first thing today morning ( Guess that is what I think first thing every morning)

Morning Blues

When morning
dawns new beginning
when sunrise
breaks between two nights
Tangled in the sheets
freezing from the sleets
reliving the night
rendezvous under moonlight
I wake up, look at you
blank without a cue
hear you sing
merry old ding
munching on remnant sleep
canonized recitals
cajoling my siesta
humming in my ears
searching you with languid hands
eager for the contact
agitation vivid in my eyes
scratching my head
I finally holler mutely
Where is that danged stop button
on this alarm clock?

I stare blankly
time ticking away
cursing the unknown
fully awake
charged for the challenge
called--today.

28 comments:

Jinksy said...

I almost feel sorry for the alarm clock!

Niamh B said...

Have to applaud that honesty ET!!

Rachel Fox said...

Challenge...yes.
x

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Jinksy Lol.I admit I have repaired it a hundred times now :P

@Niamh Thank you:)

@Rachel Sure it is...:)

Dave King said...

Beautifully done. I liked that a lot.

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Dave Thank you so much :)

Unknown said...

What a rude awakening.
I enjoyed reading this very much

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Gwei I know!My alarm clock is so damn rude to me :D
Thank you for stopping by:)

Padhraig Nolan said...

"charged for the challenge called today"

I wish I was :->

Nice one.

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Padhraig Thank you...

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Glad to have met you, many thanks for visiting me over at Pen and Paper, I loved this verse and look forward to more.

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Petty Witter Glad you liked it, much thanks for dropping by...

Sarah said...

I liked the surprise that it was your alarm clock-it made me laugh! I have a very similar relationship to mine!
Glad you liked the lightbox too-thanks!

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Sarah :D Those alarmy-clocks...Thank you for you kind comment..Ohh I simply love your crafty ventures...They are most lovely things!:)

The Bug said...

You know what's worse? slapping at the thing until it gets totally turned OFF, not just snoozed. Happened to me last week - thank goodness I woke up only about 20 minutes late LOL.

Anonymous said...

I like harnessing a thought like that and breathing life into it! Well done.

Erratic Thoughts said...

@The Bug Lol...Gosh that happens with me all the time :D and I'm always late and running...



@Jason Thank you so much :)

Jinksy said...

I just wondered whether you knew about this:-

noreply-comment@blogger.com is the address that your comments are sent from.
You haven't designated an email address so that anyone can reply. It blocks communication.
Go to your profile. Click on Edit profile, and then choose the third box down, Show My Email. Simple!

This was a piece of Very Helpful Advice, ( to any / every Blogee ), that Braja kindly put in one of her blog comments.

I thought you might like to read it...

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Jinksy Thank you so much for that piece of info, I have changed the settings now :)
I guess I have a lot to learn about this place yet or I am just ignorant of certain settings...
Thanks :)

Argent said...

Excellent! Like how you kept us guessing until the end (well, me, anyway).

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Argent :)I like giving surprises(*and getting too..husssh*)
Thank you so much!:)

Peter Goulding said...

Yes, you led us down the garden path with that one! Nicely constructed

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Peter :) Thank you for dropping by and for such wonderful comment :)

SaiK said...

Very romantic relation both of you share!

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Sai You bet!:D

Akasha Savage. said...

That was good. How I hate my alarm clock in the mornings! :)

Esoterically Yours said...

Beautifully written!!!!! :)

Erratic Thoughts said...

@Akasha so true...poor alarm clocks!

@Esoterically Yours Thank you :)